Displaying search results in price order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaying search results in price order

Is it possible for the results of a search to be displayed in price rather than product order?

Thanks

Hi Richard,

Just checked the SearchScript.pl in Site1 folder and had a look at the subroutine DisplayResults, which is on line 1226. i can't see anyway, apart from changing the complete subroutine, on how you could achieve this.

Just a reminder, if you were to go to "View | Search Settings", you could tick "Allow Searching by Price Band" and within the Grid, you could put in your own prices, so the output of the search results will reflect this.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nadeem, thanks for this. We're only allowing searching by defined properties, so price bands won't help I'm afraid!

Any plans to permit ordering of search results in the future? Seems to be quite a common thing on sites nowadays.

Comment

Order Search Results by Price

I am surprised slightly that the search results are not displayed in price order, as it is pretty much standard practise.

Could Actinic not offer us a subroutine that we could cut and paste into the Perl script to rectify this problem?

Comment

Many thanks Al

Unfortunately, it's not a simple perl patch - as it would require a change to the way the search results are indexed in the *.fil files used by the search.

What I can do is recommend this feature as a 'Wish List' request to the development team.

Comment

This has been addressed in SellerDeck 2013. Search results can be sorted by Relevance, Price (Low-High or High-Low) and product name (A-Z or Z-A), and any of these can be set as the default.
            Bruce Townsend
            Ecommerce Product Manager
            Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
            X