Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cookie use - Change from version 4 to Vers 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cookie use - Change from version 4 to Vers 7?

Team,
    Last year we had a version 4 site and have moved to version 7 this year. We received the following email from a knowledgable customer saying that cookies are used on the version 7 site. Is it just that I have the terms and conditions from version 4, which state that cookies aren't used, out of date?
    Also, should it really be as difficult to order stuff from the site as the customer below is experiencing?

Thanks

-----
    I'm a returning customer and yesterday tried to make my first purchase
    since June 2004, but when I came to search for the item I wanted (and also do some other things) I immediately had a "cookie error" page returned saying
    that cookies were required for the site to operate and that I should check my browser, firewall, etc. My browser (IE6 under Win XP Pro SP2) and firewall
    (ZoneAlarm Pro) were already set to allow cookies from battery-shed.co.uk
    and .com, so I was puzzled by that (especially as technical computing/IT has
    been my business for many years) and it took a lot of fiddling about with
    both of these apps - but not actually permanently changing any settings! -
    before I could use the site.
    Today, I started again and successfully made my purchase, and then was surprised to see the following statement in the Terms and Conditions in the
    order confirmation page: "Cookies are not used by us on this website." which
    contradicts the error page I mention above. Is it just that the T&C page is
    out of date?
    -------

Comments please.
    Thanks

Andrew Fish
    Andrew Fish
    Http://www.BatteryShed.co.uk
    For all your battery requirements at prices less than in the high street.
    "Batteries without the overcharging"

Cookies are used in v7 - and are used in v4, V5 and v6

Comment

"Cookies are not used by us on this website."
      The full text of the message is probably something like "Cookies are not used by us on this website to detect personal details, they are only used to maintain the online shopping cart" - or something like that.

Comment

Working...
      X