Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Link - transferring payment details

Hi
    I am using Actinic v7 and Sage v11 with Actinic link. I am trying to develop an idiot-proof way of processing orders and invoicing. I would like to do the invoicing from Sage, I don't really mind whether I do the order processing from Sage or Actinic.
    I initially set up Actinic link to transfer both sales orders and invoice. However, I found when I did this that payment details cannot be transferred into Sage in this mode. The problem with this is that we will be taking CC payments through a PSP (which will therefore, I assume, have a payment status of "Full Payment Received") as well as other forms of payment such as cheques, money orders etc. that will have a payment status of "Pending". It is obviously very important that the people doing the invoicing in Sage known the payment status of an order. I don't want to implement a procedure that requires that only orders that have been fully paid are exported from Actinic because that leaves it open to human error (at some point someone is going to export an order that hasn't been fully paid by mistake) and thus fails the idiot-proof test.
    I then tried setting up Actinic Link in Invoice order transfer mode and was then able to transfer the payment information to Sage, however, if you accidentally do this on an order that has not yet been shipped, for example, it marks the order as complete in Actinic although it is not. Again this leaves the process vulnerable to human error.
    The only possible ways that I can think of to make this work are:
    1. Find a way to transfer payment details in Invoice/Sales Order mode.
    2. Somehow prohibit orders that have not been paid in full from being exported in Invoicing/Sales Order mode, so that the people doing the invoicing can assume that all orders that arrive in Sage have been fully paid.
    3. Somehow prohibit orders that have not had their packaging list printed and been shipped from being marked as completed in actinic, even if they have been exported to sage.

Does anyone know how I can achieve any of the above, or does anyone have any better suggestions?

Thanks
    Bruce
    Bruce Wallace
    Picchu Maternity
    Designer Maternity Wear UK

Hi there Bruce,

I'm afraid this is not possible, as there is no option in Link that does selective importing via payment, so transfer all orders which are paid.
    I will add you comment to our wishlist, as it will require a redesign in Actinic Link.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

You can raise the invoice regardless of payment method in sage,

The payment issue is after the goods are invoiced you then enter the payment datails direct into sage so it does not matter how it was paid

There are two steps
      1 raise the invoice
      2 Record the payment
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
      X