EU - language barrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU - language barrier

We have many enquires from France, Germany and The Netherlands, whilst freetranslation.com is helpful, I would like to have my site with different language versions. In particular to help our French customers (The German's and Dutch use of English is absolutley fantastic - but I would still like to be able to offer a German and Dutch page.)

I know it's probably possible, I was just wondering if anyone else has successfully done this and if they could post a link to their site so I can have a look.

Can I do this all in Actinic Catalog or do I need to have 3 sites, one for each langauge?

What about stock control? How do you link the same products in different areas of the site? (without showing component parts on the invoice as that's what happens with special offers)

All suggestions greatfully received

Thanks
    Kerri

Have a looksie here:

http://www.systransoft.com/eServices/

This site powers the babelfish translation on altavista... failing that, you can use google to do the translation...

ie:

http://translate.google.com/translat...eJunkie.co.uk/

just change the country codes hl=fr is the language ou want it changed to, and sl= is the language its in originally. (will always be en).

i'm not sure what languages it supports, but is a possible cheap solution!

Andy

Comment

Probably not much help but here is a site we have under development in German (its v4)

bettdecken german site

Comment

do I need to have 3 sites, one for each langauge?

This is the most reliable way. Otherwise you have to create the three sub-stores within the one store with different languages in each sub-store. This means you will have to do the stock monitoring with components - and show the component part in the invoice. Of course, you can always tick 'Use Associated Product Prices', 'Use Associated Product Name' and 'Component as Separate Order Line' in the component and then in the 'Component' tab of the main product you can set the 'Pricing Model' to 'Sum of Component Prices' and tick the 'No Order Line for Main Product' box. That way, only the component line appears in the shopping cart.

What about stock control?

If you use Actinic Business, you can link all three of your language sites to the one Excel spreadsheet. This feature, however, is not supported by Actinic Catalog.

Comment

Of course, you can always tick 'Use Associated Product Prices', 'Use Associated Product Name' and 'Component as Separate Order Line' in the component and then in the 'Component' tab of the main product you can set the 'Pricing Model' to 'Sum of Component Prices' and tick the 'No Order Line for Main Product' box. That way, only the component line appears in the shopping cart.

It is probably worth saying that this only works properly in 6.1 onwards.

Comment

Working...
          X