digital download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

digital download

do you need a Digital Download key to use it, i have actinic 7 business here is the US.
    when I check out I get this message

Select Shipping Destination - The catalog shipping database does not have any shipping options defined for this location. Please contact us directly with your order.

here is link
    http://www.suspensionnetwork.com/aca...nowmobile.html

I know it is not suppose to charge shipping I have it set up as 0 lbs but it locks on this message you can not continue with checkout.

Hi there

The error you are getting is not to do with Digital Download. It to do with one of the classes setup in "View | Business Settings | Shipping and Handling". I'm wondering in the shipping, have you defined the weight and price here as $0?

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Problem with UPS online tools and digital Download

rob and company.
      I did some testing on this issue and this is a bug in Actinic version 7.
      I tested on 7.02 ecla. I set up a product for digital download. I set up the Shipping with UPS Online Tools ground shipping. I eliminated all standard classes and zones. Set the shipping by weight. I configure in business settings to allow the digital download products to be exclude products from shipping.
      I then published your site to our local host. Regular products calculate weight and shipping rates without error. However digital download products give the error "Select Shipping Destination - The catalog shipping database does not have any shipping options defined for this location. Please contact us directly with your order."
      Given that the shipping does calculate corretly for regular product but gives an error when shipping digital download products i beleive its safe to say that the "exemption setting" is not applying itself to UPS online tools calculations and therefore it must be a Bug.

We will have to ask Actinic development to look at this issue further.

Brian
      Brian Johnson
      :::Sure Solutions Inc:::Professional Actinic templates from Buythisdesign.com:::
      1-732-528-7635 x203

Comment

can someone please post all the things that need to be set for DD to work, I changed the shipping method so that I could try and test DD, but when I get the receipt there is no download link what am I missing?

Comment

Hi there

All you need to do for digital download, is to select the file within the product. By going into the "Digital Download" tab.
          What are you using as payment for digital download? If you are using Paypal, then the link will not appear until Paypal have authorised the payment, then an email is sent to the client with a link to the product.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

paypal is one option, also using process CC offline. How do I send the link once I have processed the CC offline?

Comment

Hi there

When you create the order, you got a "mail" tab, in "Progress and Payment" If you click on the "Mail" tab, then select from the dropdown list, "Resend Download location", you should get the link here.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Originally posted by BPJSURF
                rob and company.
                I did some testing on this issue and this is a bug in Actinic version 7.
                I tested on 7.02 ecla. I set up a product for digital download. I set up the Shipping with UPS Online Tools ground shipping. I eliminated all standard classes and zones. Set the shipping by weight. I configure in business settings to allow the digital download products to be exclude products from shipping.
                I then published your site to our local host. Regular products calculate weight and shipping rates without error. However digital download products give the error "Select Shipping Destination - The catalog shipping database does not have any shipping options defined for this location. Please contact us directly with your order."
                Given that the shipping does calculate corretly for regular product but gives an error when shipping digital download products i beleive its safe to say that the "exemption setting" is not applying itself to UPS online tools calculations and therefore it must be a Bug.

We will have to ask Actinic development to look at this issue further.

Brian

Hi, can anyone verify that this is still a bug with v7.03?

I'm not so much interested in using Digital Downloads as I am with having a way to exempt certain products from having a shipping charge. This isn't because we provide free shipping based on value or weight, but because the "product bought" is paid online registration for attendance to a seminar.

I couldn't figure any other way to have shipping exempt for these types of products. The Digital Downloads could work as an alternative (we can just send them some welcome documentation or something), but it seems the shipping error still comes up when this is used with UPS Online Tools.

Thanks.

Comment

Build a shipping class that has a $0.00 charge for 0lb weight
                  Set the product weight for 0
                  Make sure you configure the zone to include all areas
                  Make sure your using shipping by weight

This does work in 7.03 without error.

We have this working on http://suresolutionsinc.com

Brian
                  Brian Johnson
                  :::Sure Solutions Inc:::Professional Actinic templates from Buythisdesign.com:::
                  1-732-528-7635 x203

Comment

Working...
                  X