Product Tree Duplication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Tree Duplication

Hi,can anyone help, I have built my product tree. Many of my products are duplicated in other areas of the tree. To do this I have right clicked and pasted as duplicate. The details sections are slightly different for each duplication, they are ink cartridges for different printers, same cartridge, different printers. When I put the product code in and the price, or I change them the changes take effect all down the tree, which is finei

My problem is !!!unfortunatly at the beggining I did not have an image, I now have the images and put them in at the original product at the top of the tree and the image does not appear down through the tree onto the duplicate lines, is there a way of making this happpen or will I have to put the image in again on each duplicate line ( will this slow the site down) or will I have to start the entire tree again with the image in place ?? to start with.

I hope that is all understanadable,

Chris.

From memory the Actinic Help file under product duplicates list the items that are carried forward on an update - alas I seem to remember the image is one that is not brought over on a duplicate refresh.

I have found a similar issue with many duplicate products and remembering to update the bits Actinic forgets - maybe this is something that could be resolved for future releases by offering a "track duplicates" option from the original product

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Product Tree Duplication

Hi, thanks for comming back on that, yes, it would be a great idea if they hhad next to the apply buttton an apply to all as well, this would save a great deal of time and work and as an option would not effect the way the rest works, come on Actinic, can we have that please !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Chris.

Comment

The quickest way to do this would be to use the 'Edit | Find' search facility on the tree to quickly find all the duplicate products and then paste the new image in.

Comment

Product Tree Duplication

many thanks Chris.

Chris

Originally posted by cdicken
          The quickest way to do this would be to use the 'Edit | Find' search facility on the tree to quickly find all the duplicate products and then paste the new image in.

Comment

Working...
          X