Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advise on Proof of Concept

Hi all,

I have just taken the demo version of v.7 to evaluate whether to upgrade. There are however, a number of issues I would like advise with. Basically I want all my product pages to reflect the layout of my main pages. So question 1 - how would I integrate all my buttons, header frame and the like into the templates - I presume this is possible?
    Question 2 - Because I have a sweeping background - I need all the catalog to appear in a seperate frame I guess so my page would be made of a more complex frameset than the current two frame setup i.e.

see www.herbsscotland.co.uk to see what I mean..
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    HEADER FRAME
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    *********** -
    *********** -
    *********** -
    *********** -
    *********** - PRODUCTS FRAME
    **NAV FRAME -
    *********** -
    *********** -
    *********** -
    *********** -
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    FOOTER FRAME
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this possible?

CHeers in advance.. Kevin..

If I were you I would avoid using frames, they are the quickest way to ensure that search engines don't see your site.

You can certainly design templates so that your site looks the same the whole way through, www.blushingbuyer.co.uk is done entirely in catalog, you need to look at the primary templates for the brochure and main. The only slightly tricky bit comes with the navigation, but this is explained in the help.
    Blushingbuyer, banishing blushes since 2000.
    http://www.blushingbuyer.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Steve - good to know thats is possible - no chance of mailing me an example template to see how it hanfs together is there?

cheers again, Kevin..

Comment

Working...
      X