Common Products over 2 or more sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Common Products over 2 or more sites

At present I have common products over two or more sites and use Developer 7.2 and Sage 50 ver 11

For these common items I set up two products in sage one with the basic ref code and the other the same but with a trailing letter which identifies the site

so if the site was first (or main) user of the product it might get a ref code of AA123 and the second site would use ref code aa123a and a third site aa123b and the same duplication in sage

Adding these trailing letters adds to confusion. is there another way to do it ?, idealy use the same code in both sites and still use link to sage

All our data goes into sage as one company with three stores

Any help welcome
    Chris Ashdown

Hi Chris

Are you running stock levels? If so, are you wanting to run 1 stock level for the product for all 3 sites?

If so, then I cant see a problem with using the same reference code for the products for the 3 sites.

Hope that helps

Comment

I am not running stock control as such but do like to record which site the goods are sold on

At present I can tell this by using departments in Sage and having different ref numbers for each department (Site)
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi there

If you wanting to tell which products were sold from which site, then you will need to use diffreent refernce numbers the way you have been doing so already.

Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
        X