Can't change images? :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't change images? :/

Trying to create a a site with my own graphics. I thought the best way to do this was to pick a current template...say "curves" and then edit it in the design options. All I can change is the top logo image for the brochure page. I've tried chaging the default logo to use on all pages...it doesn't work..i've tried chaging the add to cart images to my own and it still comes up with the curves template ones...i've even tried editing it in dreamweaver (act_prim...), actually deleting the image, putting in a new one then saving..but still nothing?

I've seen posts from people in the past who are having trouble editing templates and from what I can see it's nearly always down to them editing the wrong files or saving them in the wrong place (and nearly always with dreamweaver).

The files you need to edit are in the site1 folder (unless you've renamed it). the primary templates control the top level design and other templates control the product layout.

The only thing I can suggest is to check that you're changing the correct primary template (as defined under design>options>layout) and that the changes are being saved to the correct directory/filename.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Theres only one set I can edit..like you said, in the site1 folder. Also I go to design options and change the "add to cart" images and it does nothing? This is without even looking at dreamweaver.

Design>options>shop default

Comment

Have you any webspace yet or are you still doing previews? It's hard to tell what the problem might be when there's not much to go on.

If you select 'text' for the add to cart button does it show that when you preview?

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Still doing it on previews. Nope, changed "add to cart" to text and its still showing the "buy now" images from the original template.

Comment

Hi there

As Mike mentioned, it would be easier to see this happening, why don't you upload to our trial servers here: http://trials.actinic.com/
            Anyway just wondering, are you using a single add to cart button?, If so then go to "Design | Options | Shop Default", and place the dot in "Text" for "Single Add to Cart Button".

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
            X