Can I hide sections from customers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I hide sections from customers?

We have a retail and trade sections to our site. Some products are only available to trade customers. I know how to hide these products from the retail customers but in some cases is would be easier to hide an entire section. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it?

Hi Charles,

On Page 60 of the advance user guide, you have a section entitled "Preventing Retail Customers from Entering Certain Sections in your Store". You could use this.

Here is it copied from there

It is possible to have sections that only customers within certain price schedules will see online. To do this, you need to create a new section link template with a very specific format.
    Copy the following code into Notepad and save it within your Site1 (or equivalent folder) as something like 'Act_SectionLinePrivate.html'.

<Actinic:SHOWFORPRICESCHEDULE Schedules="2" HTML="<A HREF=NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONLINK>NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONNAME</A>"/>
    <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONIMAGE NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTEXT -->
    NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT

You have to change the code in this template depending on which price schedule you want the section link to be visible within. The Schedules="2" value needs to be the ID of your desired price schedule. You can find this from the 'Price Schedules' table in the 'ActinicCatalog.mdb' database.
    Note: This section really needs to be at the end of a list of sections, Otherwise unregistered customers will have a gap appearing where the link should be.
    There are other useful informatin in the Advance User Guide. Download it from here

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi,
      This is exactly what I want to do too. I don't understand what exactly I am supposed to do - what is the section link template? Do I need to make a new html page for eash section that I want to keep for Trade only?

Can someone clarify please.

Thanks
      Sellerdeck Business Plus 12.0.1.NBLA

Comment

Hi there

The instructions are about going into Actinic Templates. I would suggest in reading up on the design guide that comes with Actinic. You can find it in "C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Starter Guide\DesignGuide.pdf"

Do I need to make a new html page for eash section that I want to keep for Trade only?
        Yes you need to apply the custom section link template to the sections which you don't want unregistered customer to go to.

Please note you also need to get the Price Schedule ID number, which can be found in the Access database (ActinicCatalog.mdb). This can be found in your site1 folder in the [Price Schedule] table.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi,
          I am about to work on this now. I am looking at the price schedules table, is it the nBaseSchedule field or nID field? I will try both but I want to be sure if something else doesn't work.

Comment

I still don't understand where to start with the section link template stuff. I have made a file called Act_SectionLinePrivate.html with the price schedule in it.

I have read through the design guide but I don't know what I am supposed to de exactly. Am I supposed to copy an existing file and add the code from the advanced guide into it with the price schedule?

Does that lead to a Trade section link in the left menu being shown to all (along with the regular sections) but only accessible to those in the price schedule? Also are all the sub sections all also shown to all?

Comment

This will only work in Business or Developer won't it?

Comment

Yeah its only for Business/Developer.

Comment

Working...
                X