Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

padding of section links layout

Hi

I'm probably missing something obvious here!

I used the Getting Started with Design in Actinic Guide - Section Line Templates to layout section links in columns of three (page 25).

I am trying to make the three images (columns) a little closer together accross the horizontal line.

Within Act_SectionLine - changing:

<TABLE BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="5">

makes the rows of images a little closer on the vertical. But I cant figure out how to tighten up the columns across the horizontal?

Any suggestions would be appreciated?
    KJ Beckett
    Men's Clothing & Accessories
    Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
    Bath, England
    Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
    Men's Fashion Blog

Hi Paul

To tighten the columns up, try going into "Design | Text", click on the "Go to" button here, type in the following:

Phase -1
    ID: 1187

You should see the following

Code:
    <TABLE width="100%"><TR>
    Try taking out the width so it like:

Code:
    <TABLE><TR>
    Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Tightening up page layout

Further to suggestions from jont and davet (thanks), and Nadeem's advice below I have begun to tighten up the width of my pages to avoid horizontal scrolling. Note - instead of removing the width % I set the pixels. Thanks for the advice Nadeem.

I have a related problems that I would appreciate advice on:

I have reduced the size of the section links table (as per above) and set the contents of right hand table in my Act_Primary to allign to the left (e.g. as close as possible to the section links table) but on a small screen I still have horz scrolling due to a gap between the section links table which and the right hand table (containing info boxes). See example where there is quite a gap between the white bow tie image and the TAX FREE notice.

Can anyone recommend how to reduce the size of this gap?

Many thanks

Paul
      KJ Beckett
      Bath, England
      Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

Hi

Just thought I would add a bit more information. I am pretty sure that the gap is not standard html from one of the templates - it must be driven from something else (Text Options)???
        KJ Beckett
        Bath, England
        Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

Hi Paul

The spacing is caused by Act_Primary.html, you set the main bulk table which contains the products and sections as 100%, but the search bar is, it has a width of 160 pixel. The product/section display has a pixel width of 670, but the right hand side has nothing. Maybe this is what causing the problem. Try putting a fixed width here, or try using percentage?

I find it easier turning on border within the main table of Act_Primary.html, this gives a better view of what’s going on

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Originally posted by Nadeem
            I find it easier turning on border within the main table of Act_Primary.html, this gives a better view of what’s going on

Kind Regards
            Please explain what you mean by this? Sorry to be dumb, but we've all got to start somewhere!

Anf
            Anf
            New Year - new YOU!
            (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Comment

Set the border="0" to border="1" temporarily to show where the table layouts are

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
              X