Changing Cart & Checkout Layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Cart & Checkout Layout

On the online shop I am developing www.homebase-maintenance.co.uk ,I have encountered a small issue.

The Client has asked that both cart & checkout display the name of the products section in addition to the specific product they have selected. This will allow the customer a sanity check when order products from a specific range.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Hi there

The best way to do this would be to include a better description of the product in the Short Description field of each product, as the variable that brings in the sections names is not specific to an individual section - it displays them all, so wouldnt work in the checkout in this way.

I.e. instead of having '920mm Stable' as a product description, try 'Avesta Corner Wardrobe 920mm Stable'.

Hope that helps

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I had a horrible feeling that was the only way.

Unfortunately that's 8000 product descriptions I have to change in the csv file!

Comment

You could try doing it as an access query when all the product are in place, something like this should work:-

section: [Short Description]+" "+[sSectionDescription]

using tables Catalog Section and Product.

Regards

David

NOTE CHANGES BELOW!!
        Cheers

David
        Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Actually, it should be this

section: [Section text]+" "+[Short Description]

Make sure the nParentSectionID in the Product Table is joined to nSectionID in the Catalog Section table. Include the short description field from the product table in the results then you can paste over the "section" column into the "short description" column

Regards

David
          Cheers

David
          Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Thanks. I will give it a go!

Comment

Working...
            X