Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting Example content

Hi,

I can't delete the example content on the site properly. The Guide says I can delete the Home page by setting the Home Page Link to None in Design Options. I've done this, as well as unchecking the 'Use as Website Homepage' box on the Home page, but when I try and delete it, it says I need to delete the other pages first.

Does this mean I have to delete EVERY page before I delete the homepage? I don't really want to delete the catalogue as I've added some bits to it, but I don't want the first page of my site to be the Home page; I want it to be the catalogue page.

Ollie

C'mon Guys!

No answer to this nice easy question??!!

Ollie

Comment

Ollie,

You don't have to delete any of the catalogue pages. You do have to delete all the other brochure pages. You can see this working if you do delete the other brochure pages and, of course the handy thing is if you delete them (as opposed to cutting them) you can always undelete them if you change your mind.

You can ftp any other pages that you build in html yourself to your docs folder on your server. If you name one of the pages index.html or default.html this will become your home page. You may find this better than using the shop.html page as your home page as you have a lot more freedom to design the page. You can build your own equivalents to the brochure pages as well.

In fact you may need a page called index.html or default.html in your docs folder to make sure that if anybody types your web address in their browser they will go automatically to the right page (check to see if somebody more knowledgeable than me responds to your question ). If you do need a home page in the docs folder, you can have it automatically redirect to the shop.html page if you want - although this may have implications regarding search engine listings (there are other threads on the forum about this).

I am not absolutely sure about the need for a home page in the docs folder as I am only at the stage of upgrading to v7 from v5 but I seem to remember when I first set up Catalog (many moons ago!) that I needed one then. As I said above, hopefully somebody more knowledgeable will answer that bit for you).

Cheers,
      Richard

Comment

Thanks Richard, much appreciated! Still a little undecided on how I'm going to structure the site, but at least I understand it a little more!

Ollie

Comment

Working...
        X