State of Georgia - still a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State of Georgia - still a problem

I've just processed an order on one of my stores and it was from a resident of the state of Georgia - on opening the order in Actinic, I am not allowed to move past the invoice and delivery address with the state of Georgia in place - I had to change it to Hawaii to move on.

On further investigation, this has been a problem since at least v6 - and the solution I came up with was to change the country of Georgia to "Georgia (Europe)" - this solved the problem completely.

while I appreciate that not many european stores get orders from Georgia (the state - although possibly the country too) - I am quite likely to get a number, as are my clients.

Can we get a standard country list update into the next minor release where Georgia the country is identifiied slightly differently than Georgia the state, this will effectively remove the problem without a programming change... although that would be the most preferable fix long term...

thanks

Greg Hewitt-Long
    Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
    Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
    NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

I agree. Georgia is our third most responsive state in web sales and the issue makes it very inconvienient for us.

Comment

Hey Christylh,

on a side note - I was going to PM you about a client of ours that is organizing a law-enforcement conference in Denver later in the year - you have msgs turned off, so I couldn't - get in touch if this might be of interest to you.

regards

Greg Hewitt-Long
      (greg - AT - WebYourBusiness - dot - com)
      Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
      Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
      NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Thanks Greg

I have fed this back to the development team this morning. As you say, y ou just have to rename (or revoce) Georgie from the country list in 'Advanced | Locations', but the default database should work better than this.

Comment

Working...
        X