Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking to Database

Hi,

I am building a website for a client www.wheels.uk.com/acatalog/ he probably will have about 2-300 different wheels on sale. Each wheel needs to be linked to approximatly 20 tyre sizes. When a tyre price changes (which can be quite often) i do not want to have to change every wheel/tyre size combination price. I will be needing this to be done in a database can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Barry Hughes
    H.A Innovations
    www.hainnovations.co.uk

Hi there Barry,

i do not want to have to change every wheel/tyre size combination price. I will be needing this to be done in a database can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Do you mean having a database on the website, so when people change a combination of the wheel, the price changes dynamically. If so, then the only plugin i saw within Actinic, was Norman one. But i don't know if he was using an online database.
    You could ask him, or you could even go to Smart Decision and ask them if this can be done. Here is the link: http://www.ecommerce.uk.com/

If you mean offline, then the only way this can be done is through importing an hierarchical csv file, but here you would needs to list all the permuations. You cannot do external linking as this is just on a product level, not choices.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
    X