v4 need different hosting to v6 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v4 need different hosting to v6 ?

I have v4 of actinic and experiencing problems with customers that use firewalls. I now V4.11 cures this but the hosting company i bought v4 from does not support it and said that i could upgrade to v6 and they would host this. They stated that hosting was different between versions.

I approached another company who tells me this is false and they can host whichever version i had. currently running a live site i don't want to take a chance but need to know is actinic hosting the same for all versions ? If not what is the difference.

Cheers

They are both right.

If you have hosting on a server that uses Actinic Host then this will be different for different versions.

If your host just provides you with space then they will be able to host any version on the same server.

I have V4, V5 and V6 sites all with the same host.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Gary is quite correct....

I think your current host is playing dirty and they want to sell you V6.

There are no hosting issues with 4.x and 4.1

When your renewal comes up ....find another host!!

Comment

Thank you both for your quick response.

I feel my current host is being a bit off and thanks for confirming this, i will be changing my host.

cheers

Comment

Remember that you can convert your existing Catalog from Host mode to general purpose mode where you can choose any web-space provider (assuming they provide Perl, etc).

Norman
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X