Adding full product description to customer email and packing slip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding full product description to customer email and packing slip

Is it possible to add the text of the Full Descrition field to either the Customer email (Act_CustomerEmail.txt) or the packing slip generated in the report section, or preferably both?

Hi,

You can have the product description show in the invoice and packing list report by selecting 'Enable extended product description for product reports' in 'View | Business Settings | Options'. You can then enter a description for these reports in the 'Report Description' tab for each product.

I'm afraid that we don't do this for the e-mail as the product description is not uploaded in one of the catalog files (it is just static html online). However, Norman has written something for v4 and v5 to allow this to happen in the e-mail but not yet for v6 or v7 - see 'Additional Information in the Shopping Cart and Customer e-mail.' at http://www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/index.html.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Tracey, many thanks for this.

I guess that the fact that the Full Descrpition is not in the catalog files also means that I can't display it within the shopping cart table on Act_ShoppingCartXML?

Richard

Comment

Hi,

I guess that the fact that the Full Descrpition is not in the catalog files also means that I can't display it within the shopping cart table on Act_ShoppingCartXML?
        I'm afraid that this is correct
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

With a bit of Perl patching you can get the 'Report Description' text to show there.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X