Free ground,, but paid overnight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free ground,, but paid overnight?

Where do you set the overnight shipping options, if you offer free (included) shipping at a fixed dollar amount?

For example, if the threshold for free shipping is $100 and the customer wants next day delivery, I don't see any expedited shipping options.

Am I wrong?

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you want to offer two shipping options, one for standard and one for overnight. The standard is free up for carts up to $100. If this is right then in your 'View | Business Settings | Shipping & Handling tab' you need to set up two classes per zones you have set. Your 'calculation basis' will be set to 'value'.

In your 'standard' shipping option you would have:

Value....................Cost
    100.01..................5.00 (obviously, enter the cost for cart values above $100)

Set the 'Excess' to 'Take the Highest Value in the table'.

In your 'Ovenight' shipping class you would set the costs in the grid as appropriate.

Then your customers will have two options for shipping to choose from in the checkout.

I hope this helps.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the solution. I'm sure that your advise will fix the problem. Thanks.

Comment

Almost there

Tracy:

I tried your solution, and think that it only applies for manual entry of fixed shipping costs. We use UPS to calculate based on weight.

How would the program be instructed to offer free GROUND over $100, but paid UPS air and paid all shipments under $100?

Thanks,

Allan

Comment

Hi,

Oh, I didn't realise you were using UPS. I don't know much about UPS but I don't think what you want to achieve is possible because you can't mix the calculation basis (it has to either be by weight or by value). However, just in case I am missing something I would suggest that you register a support query with our US Support office here.
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Ups

And I assume that v 7 doesn't help here either?

It's a shame that the program cannot support calculated shipping above a pre-selected threshold, but leave other paid options available.

It would work if the ground UPS had a FREE image next to it when you hit the threshold and, if selected, would supress the ground calculated amount during checkout.

Allan

Comment

Working...
            X