Modify Section Name Length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modify Section Name Length

Is there a way that I can allow the name of a new "section" to be longer than 50 characters.
    Right now, it is cuttong me off and I my customer needs longer section names.
    Hope to hear form someone soon.
    Thank you in advance
    Best Regards,
    John King
    Web Master - BizPlus2000.com
    Web Hosting and Design for Today's Internet!
    Visit <a href="http://bizplus2000.com">BizPlus2000.com</a>

The field on the database for the section name is a memo so in theory you could add extra characters directly in access, however this stops catalog working - you just get a data truncation error and the whole catalog is not loaded.

I would suggest using one of the other fields and then adapting the templates to make it look like a section name.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

You could use a customvar:mysectionname
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

You could combine Gary's idea of a CUSTOMVAR with the existing section name. So you could have the NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONNAME follwed by CUSTOMVAR:ADDITIONALSECTIONNAME. This way section names that fit OK into the 50 char limit work as usual and you only need the CUSTOMVAR to extend those that don't.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Guys. Would this have to be a "global"
          thing throughout actinic?
          Also, If I replaced var:sectionname with var:mysectionname, would'nt I get error when it comes time to back up or upload?
          Best Regards,
          John King
          Web Master - BizPlus2000.com
          Web Hosting and Design for Today's Internet!
          Visit <a href="http://bizplus2000.com">BizPlus2000.com</a>

Comment

Not a global. You can define a Customvar in a sections dialogue in Actinic. The idea of adding extra text when needed would only appear on the display of the product pages and section pages. It shouldn't affect cart operation as it's only extra descriptive text that being shown. Try it and see.

Norman
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X