Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with a second curency

Hi all

I have a problem that I hope you can help me with. I have two sites set up, one for the UK and one for US. The UK site is set up to use GBP(£) and the US site to use USD($). I have I have Actinic Link set up to import products from Sage into Actinic and export orders from Actinic to Sage. Both websites link to the same accounts book in Sage. The problem that I have is that the products are set up in Sage with the price in GBP and a second currency in USD. I thought that Actinic Link would realize when it was exporting to a site using USD and export the dollar amount from Sage. Unfortunately this is not the case. When I export a product valued at say £50 ($95) in Sage it displays as having a cost of $50 on the US site. Does anyone know how I can get around this problem?
    If this is not possible I thought it may be possible to set up the US site to use GBP as its default currency and USD as a second currency and then alter the template pages to only show the second currency amount. I am unable, though, to find NETQUOTVAR for the second currency only. Does one exist? If not is there an other way of achieving this?
    thanks in advance
    Brucr
    Bruce Wallace
    Picchu Maternity
    Designer Maternity Wear UK

Hi there

Im not sure if this can be done, so I have forwarded your query onto our development team - I will let you know what they have to say when they get back to me.

Comment

Hi there

The developers have got back to me with the following info...

I thought that Actinic Link would realize when it was exporting to a site using USD and export the dollar amount from Sage. Unfortunately this is not the case.
      Correct. There is no support for this in the Link software.

When I export a product valued at say ?50 ($95) in Sage it displays as having a cost of $50 on the US site. Does anyone know how I can get around this problem?
      I think you are saying that their is a single Sage company containing products which will appear on both the UK and US websites ? The easiest way to do this would be to enable online dual currency display in Design Options | Miscellaneous. This however would mean that the prices online would be in both ? and $

One possibility would be to export the products from Sage and then import the Link generated file into the Actinic UK site. Open this file in excel and manipulate it multiplying all prices by a currency conversion amount before importing into the US site.

I am unable, though, to find NETQUOTVAR for the second currency only. Does one exist?
      No

If not is there an other way of achieving this?
      Perhaps NorPrice ?75.00 from http://www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/index.html would enable the main price to be hidden and only $ display. In this case I think the prices will still be downloaded in ? for easy transfer to Sage.

Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
      X