Discounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discounts

I've used discounts quite a bit with no problems, however I now want to offer a discount (£'s off) if a customer buys 1 of product A and 1 of Product B. (ie product A £10, Product B £10, buy both save £2.50)

Read through the help but for the life of me can't see how to do this (if it's possible that is)

I know that I could crate a new product C which costs £17.50 - but don't want to do this really if I can help it (both product A & product B have lots of permutations and the product C would look a bit of a mess and confusing I think!)

Any help please!

Thanks

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

Hi Kathy,

Have you looked at Quantity based pricing? (Business/developer only) ? Having just worked through the manual, this looks like the answer - getting started manula (page 16) says go to Discounts/Quantity-Based Pricing in Help Topics. The other alternative in Catalog is the one I can't get to work (see thread!) called Up-sell (same manual, page 13), where the item B option comes up as a link from item A. If you can make it work...
    Anf
    New Year - new YOU!
    (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Comment

thanks - will go and do a bit more reading!

Kathy
      Kathy Newman

Comment

Unfortunately - unless I'm reading it all very wrong - that doesn't help. It will do a discount on quantity purchased for 1 product - but not when you purchase 1 of A and 1 of B

Back to the drawing board........

Kathy
        Kathy Newman

Comment

Hi Kathy,

This could be possible using a hidden product and the pricing model of sum of products and components. Of course it may not work in your case.

I am not sure, have doubt now, if you want me to rough out the idea let me know.
          Mash

Comment

Working...
          X