Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment on account - customer order number

Hello

Most of our customers will be placing orders on our website via payment-on-account terms. This means we need them to provide us with their own order number. How can I do this in Actinic? At the moment Actinic generates its own order number to assign to orders...

Thanks
    Using SellerDeck 2013 Business Plus

KTEC Group http://www.ktecgroup.co.uk

Label Printer & Barcode Systems

Hi there

There isnt a way in Actinic you can have customers create their own order numbers... however - you could provide your customers with a number which they could enter in the checkout stages.

There is a field in the checkout for Purchase Order Number:, so you could use this but change the text to say something like 'Customer order number'.

This field is found in Design|Text|GOTO, Phase=5, ID=6.

If you tick Show for Purchase Order Number:, then you can change the text to read what you want it to read on the site.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by James M
      Hi there

There isnt a way in Actinic you can have customers create their own order numbers... however - you could provide your customers with a number which they could enter in the checkout stages.

There is a field in the checkout for Purchase Order Number:, so you could use this but change the text to say something like 'Customer order number'.

This field is found in Design|Text|GOTO, Phase=5, ID=6.

If you tick Show for Purchase Order Number:, then you can change the text to read what you want it to read on the site.

Hope that helps.
      Hmm, not sure that does help... When we invoice our customers most of them will not accept our invoice unless it displays the order number that they gave to us (which would correspond with their own ordering system). I would have thought this was fairly obvious and common amongst all companies . As a result I need a way for the customer to enter their own purchase order number on the checkout screens so that we can invoice them with it - even if this is just a "notes" screen or something.

Comment

In that case, using the purchase order number field I mentioned above would be your best bet...

The customer would have a field which they their own purchase order number - all you have to do is change the text in Design|Text so it dosent say Purchase Order Number on yoru website...

Hope that helps

Comment

Okay, done that. It's exactly what I need Thanks James.

Graham

Comment

Working...
          X