Message in Checkout/Customer REceipt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message in Checkout/Customer REceipt

Is it possible to have a message put underneath the product description when and item is put into the shopping basket, and when the customer gets their email receipt?

Reason for asking is that I'm fed up of emailing customers when they ask where their order is when it's a special order item (product clearly says allow X working days for delivery) - they just don't seem to read

Just thought if I could put something like:
    Description: Personalised Dog Collar

then this might help get the message home!

Thanks

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

Isn't there an extended product description somewhere that could be used for this?

Mike

Edit: here's what I managed to dig out of my help file (v6):

Enable Extended Product Description for Customer Reports: This option is intended for EU companies because a description of the product must be included on both the customer invoice and receipt. Ecommerce provides 20,000 characters of space to cater for exceptional circumstances. Ideally though you can offer a smaller description than the original product description, especially if the original description contained lots of HTML which would look out of place on a report. You are advised to seek legal advice if you are in doubt as to the description required. If you check this option it will activate an additional tab in the Product Details dialog - Report Description. You will then be able to define an extended product description to appear in the Packing List and Invoice reports you generate when processing orders.

I'm not sure if this will appear in the email or not.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
    X