re-send of digital download links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re-send of digital download links

Can anyone please advise how to re-send links for digital downloads? I recall reading that there is an email template but I can't find it (it isn't in the list of templates available via the mail templates in the "Progress and Payments" tab for individual orders)

Try the order recieved email, this is the one that is sent when an order is placed. You can preview it in the order details email dialog to check this - just select new email and that template and you will be able to see if the digitial download link is in there.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

There is a file called Act_ResendDownloadURLEmail.txt in the 'Site1' folder - and the only difference between this and the 'Order Received' email ('Act_OrderRecEmail.txt') is the presence of the variable

NETQUOTEVAROWNLOADABLE_ORDER_LINES

just under where it says NETQUOTEVAR:ORDER_TOTALS.

Try adding it into that email.

Comment

thanks to you both, but when I load it the order email does not include the download details and using both the template you suggest or adding theNETQUOTEVAR line just brings it back as text. Any further thoughts please?

Comment

I'll have to refer to my colleagues on this one. I'll get back to you later.

Comment

What version of v7 are you using?

This email template was only added into the system in v7.0.2. I can use this template by going to the 'Mail' tab of an order, clicking 'New' and then selecting 'Resend Download Location' from the 'Template' field.

Comment

I think I'm digging a deeper hole here- I've upgraded to 7.0.2 from 7.0.1 and now can't upload as Actinic tells me it doesn't recognise the server name. I've consulted the FAQ and knowledge base but can't find any clues, any thoughts please?

regards
              Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,

On the same pc that Actinic is using, can you ftp using internet explorer. Open I.E, and type in the following for the address

ftp://usernameassword@serverhost

Changing the username,password and serverhost to your ftp details. If you get an error within I.E, then it seems to be something not setup with regards to FTP. Otherwise if it allows you to go onto the server in IE, it means something is preventing Actinic.
                Are you running a firewall software, have you allowed Actinic to upload? You might want to check this.

Kind Regards
                Nadeem Rasool
                SellerDeck Development

Comment

no resend

I was looking for a way to re-send digital download links. I have version 7.0.2
                  When i go to an order and mail and new - i do not get the option to re-send the link, i just get the options 'order received', 'payment received', 'order shipped', 'custom e-mail template' from the drop down box.

Why is this?

Andy

Comment

Hi there

Could you please confirm that you are doing this on an order that contains a digitally-downloadable item.

Comment

yep

Yes it was with a downloadable link selected - any ideas?

Andy

Comment

What do you have in 'EmailTemplates.ini' in your 'Site1' folder? I have:
                        Code:
                        [Templates]
                        Act_NewEmail.txt=Custom Email Template
                        Act_ResendDownloadURLEmail.txt=Resend download location
                        [Act_NewEmail.txt]
                        Preview=TextOnly.bmp
                        [Act_ResendDownloadURLEmail.txt]
                        Preview=
                        Try changing your file to be the same as mine.

Comment

re-send download link

Hi,

I still have not got to the bottom of thids problem - its causing a bit of conecern. I have no re-send download link included in the e-mail teplates - i have tried ammending the .ini file and still no difference. I am using developer 7.0.5

Can you help please?

Andy

Comment

Andrew,

I would suggest raising a support query @ http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm. We will need to get a snapshot to see why this is happening.

Kind regards,
                            Bruce King
                            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                            X