Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I change the page where the "Continue shopping" button returns to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I change the page where the "Continue shopping" button returns to?

Hi - I have a shop setup using product thumbnails as per page 17 of the v5 advanced user guide "Creating a page of thumbnails" section.

When I add a product to the shopping cart and click on "Continue shopping" on the confirm page I get returned to the page holding the individual product that I have just purchased.

Can this be changed so that it returns to the page of product thumbnails above it?
    Regards
    David

Hi there

This will mean editing the ShoppingCart.pl file and manually putting in a link. If you do this, then when clients press on "Continue Shopping", then it will always go to that particular link. Is this what you want, to always go to the same page, no matter what?

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem - No - I want to return to the level above the product - i.e. the one that shows the section thumbnails. This will obviously be different depending on the chosen product.
      Regards
      David

Comment

Hi David,

Then I'm afraid this cannot be done, as you could only provide a full url within the "ShoppingCart.pl", or leave it with the product referrer. I really can't see a way of making the section as a referrer, other than completely rewriting the shopping cart.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nadeem or anyone,
          Could you let me know what should be editted in the ShoppingCart.pl file to allow it to always go to one page?
          Andy B
          20 Squid Mobile - Compare Mobile Phone Deals from all the major High Street & Internet retailers

Comment

Hi there

Have a look at the following thread

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
            X