Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Menu on Home Brochure Page

Hi there,

I'm a bit of a newbie to Actinic and must say it's proving a little more complicated than I first thought it was going to be to change certain elements of my site! I'm sure I just need to understand a few concepts a little better...

Anyway, can anyone direct me to how I change the menu on my Brochure Home Page? I'd like it to stay the same throughout the site, but when you go into the Catalogue, it changes the menu to include things such as Terms & Conditions, View Basket etc. which aren't on the Brochure Home Page. How can I add these to the home brochure page so that the menu is consistent throughout the site?

Thanks,

Ollie

Some functions of the section/product pages are also easily achieved within the brochure pages, like NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCHECKOUT as an example for the checkout link and that, but some are not, so the best way is to custom build your brochure menus with hard links to the links you need to mimic.

Comment

Thanks for that - I think I'll look at custom menus at some point soon!

I managed to work out how to manipulate the items in the menu using NETQUOTEVARs but am having a strange problem now: On my Brochure Home Page (the site index page) I've added NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCATALOG to link to the Catalogue page. For some reason, this does not show up when I preview the page! I've tried putting it in different places and can't get it to work. Other ones (such as NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCHECKOUT) work fine!

Have I missed something or ticked / unticked a box somewhere?

Comment

No - there's nothing you missed.

NAVBCATALOG only works on store pages I'm afraid. You will just need to hard-code a button that points to your /acatalog/index.html address.

The Design Guide (/Starter Guides/DesignGuide.pdf) contains instructions for making the button roll over.

Comment

Working...
        X