background image with css

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

background image with css

I am in the process of making a site based on a div rather than table layout I am editing the Act_Primary.html document and have stripped out all the table tags, removed the Actinic style sheet and replaced it with my own. I want to place a background in a div at the top of the page and place a seperate div within the top div to hold the logo. My preference is to use the style sheet to place these two images. In Dreamweaver this works fine and the page displays as I would expect. However, when I view the Actinic site the images are missing.

Is it possible to use this approach when using Actinic or do I need to use the NETQUOTEVAR for logo and background? The style sheet is working to some extent as I have centred the page using it and I am not sure why the images are a problem. I have not spent too much time trying to find out if it is a viable approach and before I try further I would be appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Chris

The Path

Hi Chris

Have you checked that the background image is where the css says it is? If you're testing Actinic on your hard drive you need to put a copy of the css in the PreviewHTML folder as well as the SiteHTML directory. You may also have to edit the image path if it's different in PreviewHTML than SiteHTML. Remember this when you upload to the server as well. Everything in SiteHTML will, unless you've specified differently, end up in the acatalog directory. If you're css give the path background-image:url(background.jpg); the image MUST be in the same directory as your css file.

Best of luck
    yvonne
    http://hiddenvalleyhibiscus.com

Comment

Hello Yvonne

Thank you very much for your reply, it has been most helpful.

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X