Discounts how do they work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discounts how do they work

Right I am still struggling to work out how to apply my delivery charge to my customers.

Possible through discount, just do not understand them.

If I have a product group which I have allocated 4 products (A,B,C,D). I have set up a discount in reverse order of quantity (highest first), qty 4 £ off 12, qty 3 £ off 8, qty 2 £ off 4.

So if I order
    1 x A no discount
    2 x A discount of £4

That work BUT
    If I order
    1 x A and 1 x B no discount it should have a discount of £4.

Also if I have a product with a component which is linked to another product (in this case it may be hidden on the website) and apply the discount at that product why does the discount work then.

Example, new product E
    I add a component to product A and link to product E so the price of A is the price of A+E.

I set up a new discount fixed this time with a trigger quantities 2,3,4 ..... and they will always be charged at the fixed cost £4.

If you order E the discount works BUT if you order A (which is made up of A&E) the discount does not work.

Please help
    Mash

Hi there

Discounting should not really be used for shopping cart charges. Why not just use "Total Quantity" in "Shipping and Handling"?

Please could you explain why you want it this way?

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi, been away for a few day. I appreciate that this function is not design for shipping charges.

However, trying to cope with a difficult shipping model covering different delivery dates.

I have mention these in various posting such as Negative Discount!! and Multiple delivery dates and shipping charges.

Any suggestion would be very grateful to see you, no doubt will see the problem.

I did wonder if you can have a product which is link to all the products for the single delivery date which could be the shipping charge and when a product is selected will trigger the delivery charge to be added to the basket as well.

With this idea, once again only a single shipping charge will be needed for each delivery time.

Just thinking aloud!

Thanks.
      Mash

Comment

Working...
      X