Font Colour in Act_Order01.html

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Font Colour in Act_Order01.html

We are having a problem changing the font Colour in Act_Order01.html.

As we are choosing delivery country early this template is creating the country (United Kingdom say) and a 'change' form button. The colour of the country is driven by the 'text' in colours so we can't change that else the site will look awful. We've managed to change all other font colours within the table that this is in, but it appears this part is driven by <Actinic:LOCATION TYPE='INVOICECOUNTRY'> around a <TD> tag we can't change. If we put a style on the <TD> tag no joy.

So where is this influenced from? Anyone any ideas?

Regards Garry

PS the ship seperately section on this page is the same, driven by
    <Actinic:LOCATION TYPE='SHIPSEPERATELY'>

Ok so I've narrowed down where this is generated from...

goto 'Design | Text' phase 2067, this drives the table that creates the problem, but even here if I put a 'class' or 'font color' around anything it haves no bearing, however if I put a bg color on the TD tag it responds correctly.

So where is this text driven from? It appears as %s%s%s...

Hahahahahahahahaha

Got it !!!!

The first %s and the last appear to be driving the color and style of the middle %s, so I put a 'font color' tag around just the middle %s and it worked.

Wow I feel like Sherlock Holmes sometimes

Hope this helps someone somewhere

Regards (till next quandry)
    Garry

Comment

Good morning Garry,

Wondering if you could help me, did a search on font colour issue and yours was the closest to my problem.

Using smart theme, change the colour palete to suitable, slight issue which I totally forgot about is that in the checkout pages the top of the tables and order total is on a dark green background with black text. Not the most helpful combo, do not want to mess around with the overal palete, but would like to have white text on the dark green background. Any suggestions.

Look forward to hearing from anyone could help, have a good weekend, just off to watch rugby in the rain, thanks Mash
      Mash

Comment

Any help on this? Kind regards Mash
        Mash

Comment

Hi Mash,

You would need to edit Act_ShoppingCartXML.html found in the site1 folder or under Advanced | Template Manager, Ordering tab and then on the Cart Table button.

You could remove the <span> tag surrounding the actinic variables on the header of the table ( NETQUOTEVAR:REFERENCECAPTION, NETQUOTEVAR: DESCRIPTIONCAPTION, NETQUOTEVAR:QUANTITYCAPTION and so on) and also NETQUOTEVAR:TOTAL and then embed them within the appropriate <font> tag. Save and update.

Would suggest taking a backup of the template before making any changes so that you could just replace it if something goes wrong. You will also find a copy of the original template in Actinic v7\Formats\Themes\BusinessCSS\

Regards,
          Robert.

Comment

Thanks Robert for that, I will try that this evening to see how I get on, much appreciated, kind regards Mash
            Mash

Comment

Best avoiding the <font> tag ... best to use a CSS .class and then add the colours and details into the actinic.css stylesheet ... this is more compliant and will allow you to change the colours in an instance using the stylesheet

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks Jont, stepping slightly out of my depth, need some research I feel, not used actinic.css or edited them, does actinic generate them automaticly hence already being available for me to edit and is it easy to do. css stylesheet are like dentists to me, they make me nervous!

Mash
                Mash

Comment

Hi
                  I did some research and thought I would have a go, in the actinic.css, I have add a new class to it, see below:

.actcheck{
                  font-size:10px;
                  color:#FFFFFF;
                  }
                  So I have made changes to the following page:

Act_ShoppingCartXML.html

<TR>
                  <TD>
                  <TABLE WIDTH="CUSTOMVAR:ACTSTDWIDTH" BORDER="0" CELLPADDING="3" CELLSPACING="2" ALIGN=CENTER>
                  <TR>
                  NETQUOTEDEL:REFERENCE
                  <TH BGCOLOR="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTEM" ALIGN=LEFT WIDTH=80><SPAN CLASS="actcheck">NETQUOTEVAR:REFERENCECAPTION</SPAN></TH>
                  <TH BGCOLOR="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTEM" ALIGN=LEFT WIDTH=300><SPAN CLASS="actcheck">NETQUOTEVARESCRIPTIONCAPTION</SPAN></TH>
                  <TH BGCOLOR="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTEM" ALIGN=RIGHT WIDTH=80><SPAN CLASS="actcheck">NETQUOTEVAR:QUANTITYCAPTION</SPAN></TH>
                  NETQUOTEDEL:PRICES
                  <TH BGCOLOR="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTEM" ALIGN=RIGHT WIDTH=60><SPAN CLASS="actcheck">NETQUOTEVAR:PRICECAPTION</SPAN></TH>
                  <TH BGCOLOR="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTEM" ALIGN=RIGHT WIDTH=60><SPAN CLASS="actcheck">NETQUOTEVAR:COSTCAPTION</SPAN></TH>
                  NETQUOTEDEL:PRICES
                  NETQUOTEDEL:REMOVE
                  <TH BGCOLOR="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTEM" WIDTH=60><SPAN CLASS="actcheck">NETQUOTEVAR:REMOVECAPTION</SPAN></TH>
                  NETQUOTEDEL:REMOVE
                  </TR>
                  All which is great however when I upload the style sheet it changes, looks like it re generates, if I FTP it works.

How do I stop this happen? Thanks Mash
                  Mash

Comment

Sounds like you have changed the wrong actinic.css file - when you upload it sends the file from the Site1 folder, when you FTP you might be sending the file you have changed (wherever it is). Make the same change in the actinic.css file in the Site1 folder and all should be well.
                    Bill
                    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

In for a penny in for a pound:

th.actcheck {
                      font-size: 10px;
                      color: #ffffff;
                      background-color: NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTEM;
                      text-align: left;
                      }

your template code then becomes:

<TH class="actcheck" WIDTH=80>NETQUOTEVAR:REFERENCECAPTION</TH>

Now how much neater is that

Bikster

Comment

When do you guys sleep, must stress I do not understand where the cheesy smile came from in the code I quoted.

Indeed you were right I was changing it in \Site1\SiteHTML which guess is the offline preview. I will change that.

So TH Class is a table header, define that in the CSS and I can reduce down the whole of the quoted coding to

<TH class="actcheck" WIDTH=80 NETQUOTEVAR:REFERENCECAPTION</TH>
                        I am impressed with that.

Or is it

<TR>
                        <TD>
                        <TABLE WIDTH="CUSTOMVAR:ACTSTDWIDTH" BORDER="0" CELLPADDING="3" CELLSPACING="2" ALIGN=CENTER>
                        <TR>
                        <TH class="actcheck" WIDTH=80>NETQUOTEVAR:REFERENCECAPTION</TH>
                        <SPAN >NETQUOTEVAR:REFERENCECAPTION</SPAN></TH>
                        <TH ALIGN=LEFT WIDTH=300><SPAN>NETQUOTEVARESCRIPTIONCAPTION</SPAN></TH>
                        <TH ALIGN=RIGHT WIDTH=80> <SPAN>NETQUOTEVAR:QUANTITYCAPTION</SPAN></TH>
                        Etc..

Am I on the right lines, thank you again, simple change but I really appreciate the help, kind regards Mash
                        Mash

Comment

Originally posted by mash
                          When do you guys sleep
                          sleep?

As you are styling the <TH> tag you can remove the bgcolor="n" and the align="n" as these are being styled by the style sheet. All you need is to include the class="actcheck" and the width="n" declarations.

The cheesy smile comes from entering a ":" and a capital "D" .. which appears in the code but is also the keyboard shortcut for the cheesy grin

Bikster

Comment

Umm, I think I understand that, need to give it ago when I am more awake so that will be end of tomorrow as I am out all day and I do need my sleep!!

I feel half the battle has been won so fingers crossed. Thanks again Mash
                            Mash

Comment

Should be straight forward - but ensure you have a backup in a safe place just incase.

You are using the HTML and the CSS as it is intended - the HTML creates the content and the CSS adds the styling - you can then make massive changes to the site with a few quick alterations to only the style sheet.

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                              X