Basic question about site navigation and pop-up menu's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic question about site navigation and pop-up menu's

Can somebody please answer the following...

take a look here www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk

As far as I can tell this site uses actinic for the shopping part of the site but the main 'look' of the site appears bespoke.

I want to do a similar thing (in terms of navigation and layout, not content) and wondered if there is an existing Actinic templates to modify or if this is simply a case of making a page of 3 frames...

one top for header\logo graphics (I'll do that in Fireworks)

one on the left for the pop out menus (javascript - or Fireworks)

one main one for the actinic content

That sound about right?

Your advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Ben

Hi Ben,

you are right - the site has been modded as you suggest in the 3 areas. You are best off not using frames are there is no need as the Primary template will handle it for you.

Edit the Act_Primary template with the header/logo at the top, the mouseover menu to the left and leave the rest of the page for the products. The easiest way to start is to apply a "clean layout" theme similar to what you are looking for and then edit the Act_Primary.

I have found issues when importing Fireworks HTML via DreamWeaver into the Actinic templates directly as it tends to merge some of the Javascript functions with the loss of functionality - I tend to create a blank page to insert the Fireworks HTML page into and then copy and paste into the template in the proper places.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

The side navigation menu is using my NorTree dynamic menu that you can find on www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Jont/Norman, thanks very much for the info, very useful

Comment

Working...
        X