Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking products to components

Hi,

I have read many threads about hidden products, linking to components / attributes, but i still do not understand what any of it means ( sorry ) or how it works. I am trying to assign different product codes to my product attributes e.g S, M, L & blue, red , green clothing ( purely for stock reasons ). I do not really understand what they mean about products and linking them to components, is their help on how to do this, and another thing. If i understand correctly, if i have 3 sizes and 3 colours, would that mean i need 9 different hidden products as they could be a combination of any colour or size.

Thanks,

Dieter

Hello Dieter,

"If i understand correctly, if i have 3 sizes and 3 colours, would that mean i need 9 different hidden products as they could be a combination of any colour or size."

Yes that's it. You need one hidden product for each combination.
    User of Actinic since V3 and living on the French riviera

Comment

Thanks Jaques,

Although that does nt seem to be a very viable option, i may have to consider it..

Dieter

Comment

Well Dieter with 9 combinations it's still viable. In my shop I've got a whole range of about 90 products with each of them having about 216 combinations, that would mean about 19440 hidden products for this range only
        User of Actinic since V3 and living on the French riviera

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques
          Well Dieter with 9 combinations it's still viable. In my shop I've got a whole range of about 90 products with each of them having about 216 combinations, that would mean about 19440 hidden products for this range only
          indeed - I don't relish your updates...

We tried to push Actinic to 76,000 products - it wouldn't be pushed...
          Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
          Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
          NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Yes,

As with you, i have more than 9 combinations for each product, i was merely using that figure as an example. Yawn.... here we go

Dieter

Comment

Working...
            X