Section & subsection menus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section & subsection menus

Hi, i need to create a left navigation of sections and sub sections, and read some excelent help on the advanced user guide on this. The only problem being, i need only the current section expanded, i manipulated the javascript to be able to do this, but is not 100% correct, the menu dissapears when you go to the product detail page. I am using NETQUOTEVAR:CHILDSECTIONS_RAW to write the javascript to the page.

This unfortunately still does not help me, i there any way i can look at the perl used to create these javascript files, or is there an easier way to create expandabel menus.?

Dieter

Hi Dieter,

i there any way i can look at the perl used to create these javascript files
    Its not the perlscript that generate these files, but the executable. Whenever you preview or upload, Actinic reads in "NETQUOTEVAR:CHILDSECTIONS_RAW", and generate the file within your site folder.

or is there an easier way to create expandabel menus.?
    You could have a look at Nortree or Normenu. Norman has written a plugin for Actinic. It is donationware. Here is the link: http://www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/index.html

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Nadeem,

i was hoping it was the perl script that generated the javascript. I am just struggling to create these menus as the nortree plugin ( although a great product ), is not very useful to me, as i require the section in the menu to remain expanded a i navigate through it. As far as i have seen, this is not possible with Nortree.

This is proving to be quite a headache. Is it possible to have a static menu i.e satic HTML page for each top level section, i currently only have 4 top level sections, so it would be feasable as they will not change often.

Dieter

Comment

Working...
      X