X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Download questions

Hi

Couple of questions on the Digital Download module for Catalogue V6

1. Can the order process be distinguised bewteeen digital and physical purchases. I assume not since some customers may buy both digital and physical at the same time.

2. Customers can specify a seperate shipping address. What does this do when only buying a digital product. Can customers have downloads sent to an alternative email address (what happens since download link is in receipt page). Can this option (seperate ship address) be removed for digital products.

3. In the receipt page, can the download link be sent to the customer in a seperate webpage or can they only download from the reciept page (I appreciate an email is sent but ignoring this).

4. Re the emails that are sent to customers, are these sent automatically after purchase (I only sell physical goods at present and these dont go automatically).

5. Are the any restictions on download being forwarded in emails after use or copied to other devices, is there a restiction on copying.

Think thats it for now.

Thanks as always

Steven

1. Can the order process be distinguised bewteeen digital and physical purchases. I assume not since some customers may buy both digital and physical at the same time.
    Both types of goods are processed in the same way.

2. Customers can specify a seperate shipping address. What does this do when only buying a digital product. Can customers have downloads sent to an alternative email address (what happens since download link is in receipt page). Can this option (seperate ship address) be removed for digital products.
    The checkout process is the same for downloaded orders and physical purchases, so you will not be able to disable the separate shipping details, presumably the user could put a separate email address in there so that they were invoiced but someone else would receive the download instructions.

4. Re the emails that are sent to customers, are these sent automatically after purchase (I only sell physical goods at present and these dont go automatically).
    They will be sent to all or none, so if you want DD purchasers to be emailed right away then you would have to switch this on for all orders.

5. Are the any restictions on download being forwarded in emails after use or copied to other devices, is there a restiction on copying.
    No, but the download can be set to timeout after so many days, so posting the details on a bulletin board for example will not be of much use.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
    X