Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiered Discounts at Product and Shopping Cart Level

Folks,

We are having a problem trying to create a tiered discount structure which will apply to the total shopping cart value (i.e. all the items which are about to be purchased) based on the following thresholds:
    Spend is <£50, discount = 1%;
    Spend is >£50 but <£100, discount = 2.5%;
    Spend is >£100 but <£250, discount = 5%;
    Spend is >£250 but <£500, discount = 7.5%;
    Spend is >£500 but <£1,000, discount = 10%;
    Spend is >£1,00 but <£2,500, discount = 12.5%;
    Spend is >£2,500 discount = 15%.

The discount should (preferably) be triggered by the order value BEFORE tax, if at all possible. Furthermore, we would really like the discount to be calculated on the overall value of the goods before any other product level discounts are applied, i.e. their non-discounted values (aka their 'list price').

If this is not possible precisely as written, suggestions would be appreciated as to what IS achievable in terms of tiered discount structures.

Finally, we are also considering applying the same type of tiered discount structure (based on variable thresholds) to products on an individual basis, i.e. certain product groups attract different discount thresholds (because their margins are quite different). This discount calculation would need to be quite separate to the total value of spend in the shopping cart.

I know this is likely to be 'tricky' , so thanks in advance to whomever runs with this!
    Cheers,

<B>Steve Crane</B>

Hi Steve,

Spend is <£50, discount = 1%;
    Spend is >£50 but <£100, discount = 2.5%;
    Spend is >£100 but <£250, discount = 5%;
    Spend is >£250 but <£500, discount = 7.5%;
    Spend is >£500 but <£1,000, discount = 10%;
    Spend is >£1,00 but <£2,500, discount = 12.5%;
    Spend is >£2,500 discount = 15%.
    This would be done and an 'Order Level' discount and set the 'based on' value to 'cart excluding tax'. You must enter them into the grid in reverse order (ie so the highest spend value is first in the list).

Furthermore, we would really like the discount to be calculated on the overall value of the goods before any other product level discounts are applied,
    I'm afraid that this is not possible. The order level discounts are based on the total cart amount after other discounts have been applied.

The discounts to the products would be entered in the 'Cart Contents' tab and can be set on a product group basis. Again, you need to enter them in reverse order of discount value (ie 15% first, then 12.5% etc). These discounts will be applied before your Order Level discount.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X