Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I run 2 versions of Version 6 on same Pc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I run 2 versions of Version 6 on same Pc?

Hi - a quick question for an Actinic guy:

I have 2 client sites running under Actinic Business version 6.1.3. One of the clients wants to upgrade to 6.1.4, there other does not want to.

Is there a way that I can run 2 versions of Actinic Business version 6 on the same machine (preferably under the same operating systme/partition)?
    Regards
    David

I wouldn't recommend anybody upgrades to 6.1.4. There were quite a few problems with it and it was quickly replaced with 6.1.5.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Yes - you are right....

ok then 6.1.3 and 6.1.5

Regards
      David

Comment

Hi there

I'm afraid you cannot do this, as the install root will be the same. Presently Actinic is not designed to do this, it is designed only for 1 v6 per pc. I will add this to our wishlist, a software which can run multiple version 6.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem - I didn't think you could.

Adding it to the wishlist would be good. I currently have 3 clients running v6 and it would be difficult upgrading them all to the latest patch all at the same time.

Should there be a forum for a "Next Version Wishlist" to gauge what we as your existing customers would like implemented?
          Regards
          David

Comment

Hi David

I know what you mean, it would be useful for resellers and web developers to have a software release which can do this. Have already added it as a wishlist.

I will mention the "New Version Wishlist" to the moderator of the forum.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
            X