Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Sage Line 50 Link

Hi,

Today I've transferred my actinic backup to my clients PC and we're having a couple of problems.

My client had already set up the sage to actinic profile, and has previous run the link to send the products. However today when we went to to sage to actinic link, the profile settings were gone and it was asking for the activation numbers (SDO or something or other).

So we put the information all in again, and ran it. It said it had transferred 213 products. Opened Actinic, Imported the text file...only it's not there!! I've checked all the sage to actinic settings against my computer and they are all the same.

Any ideas why it isn't working?

And then when we closed Sage and re-opened it to try the link again, the profile had gone again

Anybody know whats happening?????

Sam

Hi Sam,

This is very odd. Can I just clarify some issues first:

My client had already set up the sage to actinic profile, and has previous run the link to send the products.
    Had they done this more than once so you know the profile settings remained in place?

Opened Actinic, Imported the text file...only it's not there!!
    Do you mean the text file isn't there or the products didn't import?

I've checked all the sage to actinic settings against my computer and they are all the same.
    Does it work ok on your computer?

What version of Sage does your client have (is it the same as yours)?
    What version of Link is the client using (can be found in 'C:\Program Files\Actinic Link\Sage Line 50\version.ini')?
    What is the exact version of Actinic (Help | About)?
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for your reply.

Had they done this more than once so you know the profile settings remained in place?
      During testing stages the client asked for a snapshot just so he could start getting a feel for Actinic and uploading his products from Sage. He has on many occassions run the link prior to the day it all went pear shaped without the profile disapearing.

However, as I'm writing this I remember now that he did re-install Actinic recently. He wanted a 'clean' copy for the final snapshot. Maybe this has something to do with it?

Do you mean the text file isn't there or the products didn't import?
      I mean the text file isn't there.

It's works perfectly on my computer.

I have the same copy of Sage as my client and we have the same files on it too. It's Accountant Plus version 9.

Link: [Version]
      ExportVersion=v2.1.1.0.2
      ExportDayno=EJEA
      ImportVersion=v2.1.1.0.2
      ImportDayno=EJEA

Actinic Business 7.0.1.0.0.0.EGSA

Sam

Comment

Hi Sam,

However, as I'm writing this I remember now that he did re-install Actinic recently. He wanted a 'clean' copy for the final snapshot. Maybe this has something to do with it?
        This could be the cause of losing his profile, if he uninstalled link too.

I mean the text file isn't there.
        Can you process the files from Sage and then before going to import it into Actinic, use Windows Explorer to find the import file (C:\Program Files\Actinic Link\Sage Line 50\DataFiles\Site1\Output\*.txt). Is it there?

ExportDayno=EJEA
        There is a newer release of Link. It may be worth downloading this from here
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Sorry for the delay in my answers. The site is getting pushed aside a bit.

Can you process the files from Sage and then before going to import it into Actinic, use Windows Explorer to find the import file (C:\Program Files\Actinic Link\Sage Line 50\DataFiles\Site1\Output\*.txt). Is it there?
          Nope it's not there.

Next time I see or speak to the client I will try another re-install. And if that doesn't work I'll try the upgrade. It's just annoying because it was working fine before

Thanks for your help. No doubt I'll be back to ask more questions!

Sam

Comment

Working...
          X