Receiving an email after an order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receiving an email after an order

I know this isue has come up before and there wasnt a solution offered but is there any way i can set up actinic catalog v5 to send out a copy of the order to the company. I know the order is sent out to the customer but my client wants to be able to see all the orders by email.

I know actinic 6 has a function to send out a receipt email to any email address, but my client has actinic v5...upgrading may be an option but how much is it to upgrade?

Is there any way to edit the code to automatically send the email out to the company?

many thanks for you help :-)

zathrus

It's in the Knowledge Base (see link at top right). Here's the entry:-

How do I send the customer email to more than one person? I need to send a copy to another person when something is ordered, to keep track of sales etc.
    Solution: You will firstly need a copy of the modified Orderscript.pl file - (contact Actinic Support for a copy)
    You will need to open up the script in Notepad or the such, and search for the following line of code$Status, $Message) = GenerateCustomerMail('Act_CustomerEmail.txt', '<email address here>', '<recipient name here>'); # send standard customer emailYou will need to change <email address here> to your email address and <recipient name here> to your name. After a web / refresh, this should start working!

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Great thanks, youve saved me

Comment

Is it possible to add more than one extra email address? I would like to receive a copy and also forward it to my mobile phone too.
        Can other email addresses be added to the code ?

Thanks
        Jez

Comment

I would suggest a more practical solution is to have the emails forwarded to your mobile phone by your email program. It would be simple enough to set up a mail rule to do this.

Comment

Yes, I used to do this when I was using Outlook Express, but now I have upgraded to using the full Outlook program I have discovered a "feature" - Outlook rules will only forward one instance of a particular message and then stops working.

E.g. if a message titled "Catalog Order Recieved" appears, it will get forwarded to whatever. When the next one appears with the same Message Title it will NOT get forwarded. This is documented on the microsoft site and is apparently a "feature" to stops too many messages being forwarded!!

so - can I amend the perl to forward to more than one address ?

Comment

Working...
            X