Travelling with Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travelling with Actinic

I am using Developer and have to travel to Europe shortly.

I have my laptop and will need to update/upload Actinic on the move as I go, through business centers or Internet Cafes etc.

Are there any forseeable issues in doing this?

Or does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to do this?

Thankyou

So long as you are not after the original base machine updating at the same time as you need to update them via your laptop, then it should not be an issue.

Simply install your copy (same version) onto the laptop, create snapshots of your sites on the original machine and then import these into the laptop, creating your same sitename as per the original naming convention you used.

Should not be an issue, just ensure that any files get moved across and put back into the correct places on the laptops hard drive, i.e. if you keep files in My Documents, then you will need to ensure that the files exist in the same location on the laptop.

Likewise, go into Housekeeping | Security and get copies of your sites encryption keys and ensure these match on the laptop machine once you have imported the sites.

Comment

We do this when we go away and it works well, we keep our shop on a laptop now, set it up before you go away and make sure that it is working correctly and you should be ok, bear in mind that you are no likely to be using high speed internet so if you want to upload it could take a long time.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I agree,
        I do this too with both of mine.
        (Just hope you're not using 7.0.2 for it's snapshot facility as you might find it won't import. Try it first!!)
        Handy hint about file paths too. I always have to maske sure my laptop and PC have a "My documents" located in the "C drive" rather than where XP puts them (God knows why it puts it where it does!)
        Tracey
        Tracey

Comment

Thanks for your help, i will see how it goes

Leon

Comment

Working...
          X