Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

editing customer shipping email

Hello

What sort of customisation can you do with emails to customers. I get the impression that there is not much.

I do find them a little clunky in design and the headers for each section I am not convinced make a lot of sense. A few ponders:

Can a company logo be added at all?

In the Lines ordered I have the ShortdescritpionProductref appearing all together ie PEYTONFDJ108. Can a space be added before the FDJ108 part. And, can I add in the long description (my short des is Artist and long des is Title).

For digital downloads, can these be displayed as something like "Download mp3" rather than a massive link. Some of the ones i have recieved are 3 lines long.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Steven

Hi Steven,

What sort of customisation can you do with emails to customers. I get the impression that there is not much.
    I'm afraid that you are right here. The emails are only text documents but it has been discussed to change this in future to full HTML. Therefore, you won't be able to add your logo.

In the Lines ordered I have the ShortdescritpionProductref appearing all together ie PEYTONFDJ108. Can a space be added before the FDJ108 part.
    Usually the reference number comes before the short description, have you already edited a perl script to change this option?

And, can I add in the long description (my short des is Artist and long des is Title).
    You can use the 'Extended Product Description for Customer Reports' and then see http://www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/index.html for a patch to include this in the customer e-mail.

For digital downloads, can these be displayed as something like "Download mp3" rather than a massive link.
    I will ask our development team about this but think that this might not be possible due to the way the link is created.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Steven,

Quote:
      For digital downloads, can these be displayed as something like "Download mp3" rather than a massive link.

I will ask our development team about this but think that this might not be possible due to the way the link is created.
      I'm afraid that this isn't possible because the e-mails are text files. If they change the e-mails to HTML then it should be possible.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
      X