Text Too Far Right!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text Too Far Right!

Looking at Actin V5, our catalogue seems to be made of cels - one cel for the image and another for product description.

A link to our problem -

http://shop.acesupplies.co.uk/acatal...ings_20mm.html

You'll see the first listing has been pushed way to far right at some point and i'm wanting to draw it back closer to the image. I've carefully experimented with HTML on this, but i don't want to make a mess! Has anyone managed to do anything about this?

Any suggestions! Thanks!

Hi David,

the page is generating an error in Dreamweaver of "COLSPAN=5" against the first product which it is not happy with - try deleting this from the Act_ProductLine and ensure the left hand cell is not set to a fixed width

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

It is also showing a tag <font=black> which is incorrect as you need quotation marks in tags to specify the value.

Assuming you want the text to appear black in colour you need to use

<font color="#000000">your text</font>

Bikster

Comment

Thanks Jont.

I'm not familiar with HTML, but getting there. I've been very careful with it and deleted things i've tried, but it seems we still have some problem tags?

The cel doesnt seem to appear to be fixed. If I i try to give a colspan it pushes things even further right which kind of defeats the object! Any other suggestions?

Common sense says we should be able to do it, but nothing seems to be right.

Comment

have you tried just deleting the COLSPAN reference?

Bikster

Comment

Yeah, it just seems to stay the same! Could i post all this to you and you glance you eye over it? I'm not really sure what relates to what..?!

Comment

sure - copy over the Product_line.htm you have and will take a peek

Bikster

Comment

This is the template that relates to our FOC samples -

<!-- RightProductLine HTML begin -->
                <!-- Insert HTML for the top of the individual product -->
                NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE Act_ProductSeparator.html
                NETQUOTEVAR:ENDSEPARATOR
                <TR>
                <TD ROWSPAN="2" VALIGN="TOP" ALIGN="left">
                NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEBEGINXML
                NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTIMAGE
                </TD>

<TD VALIGN="TOP" ALIGN="left">
                <Actinic:PRODUCT REF="NETQUOTEVAR:ACTUALPRODUCTREF"/>
                <A NAME="NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTANCHOR"></A><FONT FACE="ARIAL" SIZE="2"><B>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME</B></FONT>
                <FONT FACE=ARIAL SIZE=-1>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF
                <br>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION
                NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBEGINLINKNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTLINKTEXTNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTENDLINK
                NETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION
                NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE</FONT>
                </TD>
                </TR>

<TR>
                <TD COLSPAN="2" ALIGN=right><Actinic:ACTIONS>NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON</Actinic:ACTIONS>NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEENDXML</TD>
                </TR>
                NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT

<!-- Insert HTML for the bottom of the individual product -->
                <!-- RightProductLine HTML end -->

Comment

Hi David,

the HTML file looks OK - I have loaded it into a test product on the site I am working on at the moment and it loads the image OK (see attached screen grab)

I assume you have checked the actual size of the image so it is not pushing the text over?
                  Attached Files

Bikster

Comment

The image is 50x67pixels, so I don’t think it’s the actual image. Could our web designers have altered something here when first developing the catalogue – where would they be able to do this?

All our sample listings have the same problem.

I assume the screen grab uses the HTML I posted above?

-- also, one other thing, can i put an email link in this part of the catalogue?

Comment

Your problem comes from the fact you have this line in Act_ProductBody.html...

<TR><TD WIDTH="260"></TD><TD WIDTH="160"></TD><TD WIDTH="60"></TD></TR>

Just remove this, and the design will get into shape.

Can I also suggest the following changes....

In the product layout template that is laying out 'Triangular Ring 25mm Black Acetal - 1 Sample', find the cell which contains NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME and NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION and into the <TD> tag add
                      colspan="2"

In the product layout that is laying out the 1-99 units product, find the cell which contains NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON and from the <TD> tag remove
                      width=9

That will make everything much happier.

Comment

Hi David,

try the following code, again it works fine here:

<!-- RightProductLine HTML begin -->
                        <!-- Insert HTML for the top of the individual product -->
                        NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE Act_ProductSeparator.html NETQUOTEVAR:ENDSEPARATOR

<tr width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
                        <td width="125" rowspan="2" align="left" valign="top">NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEBEGINXML NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTIMAGE
                        </td>
                        <td align="left" valign="top"> <Actinic:PRODUCT REF="NETQUOTEVAR:ACTUALPRODUCTREF"/> <a name="NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTANCHOR"></a><font face="ARIAL" size="2"><b>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME</b></font>
                        <font face=ARIAL size=-1>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF <br>
                        NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBEGINLINKNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTLINKTEXTNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTENDLINK
                        NETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE</font> </td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                        <td align="right"><Actinic:ACTIONS>NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON</Actinic:ACTIONS>NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEENDXML</td>
                        </tr>

NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT
                        <!-- Insert HTML for the bottom of the individual product -->
                        <!-- RightProductLine HTML end -->

I have made the left hand cell 125 pixels wide and the right hand cell will stretch to fill the rest of the space - again I am generating the same results as per the previous attached screen grab!

Bikster

Comment

Thanks everyone! Just sorted this now and its looking much better!

Just need advice on putting an email link in one of the product listings.

Comment

assuming it is the same in v5 then place the following in your product description

!!<<a href="mailto:sales@yourdomaine.com">email us</a>>!!

Bikster

Comment

Thanks! everyone! All sorted!

Comment

Working...
                              X