Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

email confirmation to customer

Hi

My company receives notification that an order has been placed but the customer does'nt. Do the customer also receive a mail that we have received their order and if so, how can I fix this.

Dirk

Have you ticked the box under business options that says 'send customer receipt' email (or something similar)?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Customer confirmation email

Thanks for your quick reply.

The only place I did tick was:

Version 3

View/Preferences/Options/Ordering options on website/miscellanious/

and a tick box that says Email required on new order.

I receive an email but not the customer Is there another place that I have to set this up for the customer as I cant find it.

Comment

I'm not sure about V3, but certainly in V4 there's a tick box in the same section called 'send receipt email to customer' which will send the customer email when ticked.

Mike

Comment

Ok I just looked at the V4 release notes and this option was new to V4. If you're using V3 you'll need to upgrade to a newer version to use this feature.

Mike

Comment

and a tick box that says Email required on new order.
            this refers to the email to the merchant

the feature to send an email to the customer is supported by V3.5 (if my memory is correct)

and not any release version older ie V3.11

Comment

Thanks again
              Good to know. It does not create any problems. One last thing re this matter.
              Are you aware of the orderorder@pres.net line in the Orderscript.pl file. This is an answer I got for adding an aditional recipient by email regarding orders. Can't this be used for that purpose. If not no worries and thanks for your time.

Dirk

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the option to email an order confirmation to the customer arrived in V4, I have had a look at my V3.5 and can't see it in there.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                X