Question regarding 7.0.3 upgrade and the files that are modified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question regarding 7.0.3 upgrade and the files that are modified

Hi - I have an Actininc Business v7.0.2 site which I am going to upgrade to v7.0.3 and release now that the Customvar problem has been corrected.

It is an heavily customised site and I do not want to go through the process of having to modify templates, perl files etc. following this upgrade.

Can I run the site upgrader across the site then overwrite the templates, html files etc from a saved 7.0.2 version?

Is there a list of files that are modified in v7.0.3?

TIA
    Regards
    David

I would wait until a few people adopt 7.0.3 - the "beta" period was pathetically short - unless I simply wasn't informed when it was available for testing.

It's been a week or less... in testing, and Chris Barling was going to have it to us at Web Your Business even in Pre-Beta (which never arrived)....

just to be sure - wait a bit...
    Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
    Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
    NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Hi - good advice. I was going to wait a couple of weeks - just wanted to be prepared.

I spent a lot of time when I upgraded to 7.0.2 trying to work out what I was doing wrong before deciding my problem was due to a bug.

Cheers
      Regards
      David

Comment

As far as I can see there are no template changes.

However the few Perl scripts that I've looked at have changed so expect differences there (I always customise ActinicOrder.pm, OrderScript.pl and ShoppingCart.pl). You can always look for the word revision in all the Perl as this line contains the current update number.

Also if you're going from 7.0.1 then I think actiniccore.js has changed (it did from 7.0.1 to 7.0.2) - (I've not checked actinicextras.js).

Those are all the human editable files I can think of.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

We have upgraded, was very simple. Upgraded site, made 4 or 5 script changes that we had in place and did a refresh. All working perfectly and no problems were encountered. I never had to amend any templates.

Having said that, although we have a lot of products there is nothing hugely complicated with our site so others may have problems.

Dave
          Cheers

David
          Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.

Regards
            David
            Regards
            David

Comment