actinic and adsl router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actinic and adsl router

I have just moved onto Broadband which i'm very happy with, everything seemed to work fine until i found out that I was not getting emails from my website confirming I had an order, and my customers were not getting emails confirming their order, and now I can no longer send emails from Actinic.

I have a ZOOM X4 ADSL router/firewall/gateway with a small network and i'm thinking that the router is the problem, has anybody got a solution to my problem before I go out of business??!!

I would really appreciate any help

Thanks

Have you tried using passive ftp?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike,

Yes, I have always had Passive FTP ticked. I am thinking it's a router problem, but after spending the whole day looking at this, my brain is beginning to frazzle

Thanks for your response

Neill

Comment

It didn't really sound like a passive ftp problem, but it's always the first thing to check.

The fact that emails aren't being sent makes it sound like it's smtp related. What is the error message you get when you try and send an email from within actinic?

If there's a 500 / 550 error then it's usually down to requiring authenticated SMTP. An option there is to just use 'localhost' as the smtp server name and see if that works.

The error message from actinic and your smtp settings will usually help to pinpoint the problem.

Mike

Comment

Hi Again Mike,

I have just tried localhost as the server name.....goddam it works!!!!

So with that in mind it must have been an authentication problem??!!

I have asked someone to do a dummy purchase on the shop, but they didn't receive a confirmation email, i'll have to look at that one....but it should work with the new settings, would i be right in assuming that? It works if I purchase something, very strange!

Thanks very much for your help mike

Cheers

neill
          www.interlabel.uk.com

Comment

One thing to check is that it works for you using an external email address. i.e. try using a gmail, yahoo or hotmail address as sometimes an smtp server will accept an email message for an internal address without needing authentication but will refuse a message for an external email address.

As it does seem to be smtp related, a simple check is just to send an email mesage from within actinic. (I usally pick an order at random, select an email format and then overwrite the customers email address with one of my own).

Mike

Comment

Working...
            X