Renaming brochure pages for SEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renaming brochure pages for SEO

As has been suggested elsewhere in this forum, to aid search engine friendliness, it might be an idea to alter brochure pages so they are found as mysite.com/aboutus.html, as opposed to the standard mysite/acatalog/aboutus.html. I've obviously had a browse through the forum on this subject and have found various bits about renaming the catalog etc, but maybe the brochure/info pages would be less of a task. Most sites seem to have 5/6 brochure pages and they probably don't alter too often so maybe this is something worth investigating.

One thing with us anyway is that we use the smart theme so often change the stuff in the side boxes so I'd be handy if they adjusted automatically in any mydomain/aboutus.html type pages.

Thoughts, and workthroughs all happily discussed.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

I saw the post about this but I'm not sure the poster was on the right track.

Yes, a page hidden deep in the bowls of your site (as seen by the search engines) i.e. where the search engine/visitor has to follow several layers of links to get to it, will tend do less well than if it was more prominent (depending of course on your link structure).

I'm not convinced that the search engines care what the path is to the page. i.e. whether it's in a subdirectory or not. I don't see that as any kind of indicator of page importance and can't see why the search engines would either.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
    X