No announcement yet.

CGI scripts and 'changing' BASEHREF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=dtop]webyourbusiness: I don't run Actinic at my office; I VPN into my clients' network and run it on his server directly (there is only one copy of Actinic on the go).[./QUOTE]

Now that IS important information...

Originally posted by dtop
    Tracey: I've done a complete purge and refresh as suggested and it didn't help - I've also purged session files, etc. and still no joy, so it's probably time to start a ticket and get more in-depth with it.
    I'd be proned to think that Actinic has a problem - but have you tried using the regular:

/acatalog/

folder structure, instead of

/shop/acatalog/ ??

why do you use shop/acatalog?
    Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
    Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
    NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Any progress?

Does anyone know if this problem with cgi scripts and basehref has been resolved yet? We're experiencing something very similar at the moment that seems to have something to do with additional pages lying alongside index.html in the root folder of our server. These additional pages have been generated outside Actinic and then ftp'ed. The cgi scripts every so often seem to take the name of one of these pages and tag it onto the end of the basehref so that search scripts, etc. look for pages entitled "http://www.oururl.co.uk/acatalog/newpagename/file.html" instead of "http://www.oururl.co.uk/acatalog/file.html" and everything falls over.

Richard.
      ActiveStock
      On-line, real-time stock control plug-in for Actinic V7, V8 and V9
      **New - Captcha plug-in for your Contact Us form**

ActiveStock website
      Free 30 Day Trial
      ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

Hi Richard

What version of Actinic are you running, and please could you provide us with the url of where it happening. It might not be resolved yet, but just want to check your site

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nadeem
          Actinic version is 7.0.2.0.0.0.0.ELCA

Richard.
          ActiveStock

ActiveStock website
          Free 30 Day Trial
          ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

Hi Richard

I have been on your front page, and click on sections and i cannot recreate the issue. Are you able to recreate the issue at all? If so, please could you provide us with reproduceble steps.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nadeem
              Unfortunately, the problem is not consistently repeatable and I haven't witnessed it for a while. As I mentioned, the problem seems to arise only after I've used ftp to upload pages to the root directory. Once I've used the "purge session files" function in the troubleshooter, everything returns to normal. Obviously, I want to avoid this as much as possible, so I wouldn't want to try to recreate it just so you can see the problem, as the whole site becomes unusable!! Can I give you any other information that might help?

Richard.
              ActiveStock

ActiveStock website
              Free 30 Day Trial

Comment

Working...
              X