Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiuser Business Version

Hi

I see this new multiuser business version is available and wonder if anyone has tried it yet? I have a few questions...

Although it says multiple users on the same network can process orders, do they have to be connected or can they be over a virtual network as different orders are processed at different sites in our business so everybody having an order overview and picking off their orders would be great. Is that possible????

Also what sort of price is it for say 4 users?
    Thanks
    Steve
    www.laurenrose.co.uk
    www.shelovesdiamonds.co.uk
    www.gentsstuff.co.uk

The multi user version is best used over a local area network, although in theory it is possible to use it over a WAN (Internet) via a VPN, but the problem you will encounter is speed of the connection, i.e. if you say your main machine with the Db is connected to ADSL, then it can only send out at 256K max (thats if you are on a standard and not cut price ADSL solution), i.e. these lesser broadband connections etc of 256k download kinds which have sprung up.

So, if you are on a normal 512, 1mb or 2mb, then your upstream send will be 256k most prob max, and that is going to crawl trying to load the data across the WAN?

LAN stuff on a slow 10/100Mb is ok, drop that to 256k ouch...

Cost, hmmmm - how bigs your cheque book Do not think we can divulge that here, but if you drop us a line with can give you some info about it 1 to 1 etc.

Comment

This is from the actinic newsletter so I doubt if it's private or confidential.

Actinic Business Multi-user Version includes a number of enhancements not in the standard version, offering increased order processing capacity and efficiency. For details see:
      www.actinic.co.uk/products/multi_user.htm

Because of its complexity, this product will initially only be available with on-site installation from Actinic. Pricing will start from £2000 + VAT for a 2-user version including installation. Contact Actinic Sales on 0870 129 4800 or email sales@actinic.co.uk.
      Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

thanks for the info, the cost at around £2K is not too bad but with the speed issues in running a vpn I may have to stick to my current workaround.
        Steve
        www.laurenrose.co.uk
        www.shelovesdiamonds.co.uk
        www.gentsstuff.co.uk

Comment

Has it officially launched?

We've heard nothing here in the USA....
          Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
          Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
          NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

It has launched in the UK but not in the USA yet. This is because we are ironing out issues with the Multi-User version and the UPS interface. Plus - at the moment Actinic staff are doing all the installations - which means we can only really sell it within the UK at the moment.

Comment

Working...
            X