Community Server Down Last Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Community Server Down Last Night

As some of you would have noticed, the Actinic Community enjoyed the company of a hacker last night - which took the site down for about 9 hours.

Apologies for the interruption in service.

Originally posted by cdicken
    As some of you would have noticed, the Actinic Community enjoyed the company of a hacker last night - which took the site down for about 9 hours.

Apologies for the interruption in service.
    Chris, I guess users will have lost some of their posts (because I have)

Steve
    "If 1st you don't succeed try try again and if that doesn’t work cover up all evidence of failure!"

Comment

Chris, I guess users will have lost some of their posts (because I have)
      The current database uses the backup created at 3 am today. If you have posted messages after the backup then I'm afraid those are lost. Sorry for the inconvience.

Zoltan
      Zoltan
      Actinic Software
      www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by zmagyar
        The current database uses the backup created at 3 am today. If you have posted messages after the backup then I'm afraid those are lost. Sorry for the inconvience.

Zoltan
        Thanks zmagyar, luckily I can remember most of mine, but I thought I’d ask the question.

Let’s all hope our ‘friends’ don’t come and visit again tonight,it look like this particular group are very active at the moment.
        "If 1st you don't succeed try try again and if that doesn’t work cover up all evidence of failure!"

Comment

I saw that late last night. I could still access individual forums via e.g. http://community.actinic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11 so it looks like only the index.php was affected (or displaced by an alternative index.html, etc.

Also the "Tool Tip" (where hovering over a topic gives a summary) seems to be missing.

Half an hour later and they're working now. Perhaps it was my browser.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Only a new index.html was placed there which took precedence over index.php used by the bulletin board.
            Zoltan
            Actinic Software
            www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Has this just happened again?

Becasue I couldn't get on the forum for hours, and now that I can, I have lost all my subscribed threads...

Comment

We weren't hacked again, but we haved moved the server from one server to another one (with upgraded PHP for better security). So your subscriptions may have gotten lost in transit.

I trust this has not been too much of a pain for you. You can use the 'Advanced Search' functionality to easily find all threads you have posted to.

Comment

Working...
                X