Up Load History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up Load History

Hi I'm new here. I've just gotten a new job and have taken over the web side of things and am new too Actinic. While looking through the current site I noticed that there were some naughty words in the meta tags which obviously shouldn't be there. Does anyone know if its possible to trace when certain parts of the site were modified as the boss wants to know who did it.

Cheers.

Hi Chris,

you can use any FTP client to check the site in the CATALOG folder and the date and time stamp will be there against the files.

This will tell you the last time it was updated not when the section meta tags were changed - so if a meta tag was added and then uploaded this will be the date - if a product in that section has been subsequently changed the new date will show the new upload - best to check a section that you know has not been altered.

Maybe someone else knows if there is an internal history within Actinic itself?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

You could check the wayback machine on internet archive: http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

They keep old copies of web pages and you should be able to get an idea when the offending tag text was added by checking them there.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Just a thought - it may be worth checking the Google cached pages to see what they can throw out

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for that guys, your help was much appreciated. :-)

Comment

Working...
          X