Exporting Catalogue CSV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exporting Catalogue CSV

I would like to export our Actinic catalogue to a CSV file which I know is possible. When I do that, it gives me all sorts of headers and info I dont really want, most of all I would like a list, going down one column, of product ref's. In the exported CSV you end up with a product ref, and on the line beneath that you get the price structre, ie retail, then sometimes you get it again, then you get another product ref and it carrys on. How can I get a list of pure product refs in the one column with no other info in there? Is there anyway you can configure the export process to export only required data?
    Any help would be most appreciated.
    Cheers.

Import the CSV into Excel.

Then sort on the 1st column.

Now select all "Product" lines, then invert the selection and delete.

You should now only have the Product records.

Now just delete every column you're not interested in, leaving just the Reference.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi
      Thanks for the reply. If I do that it'll take ages though wont it as there are loads of products, so I may as well just go down and delete each line I dont want. Is there any other way?

Comment

If I do that it'll take ages though wont it..
        No - just a few seconds. Each step above works on a huge amount of data simultanously.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by acti_dude
          I would like to export our Actinic catalogue to a CSV file which I know is possible. When I do that, it gives me all sorts of headers and info I dont really want, most of all I would like a list, going down one column, of product ref's. In the exported CSV you end up with a product ref, and on the line beneath that you get the price structre, ie retail, then sometimes you get it again, then you get another product ref and it carrys on. How can I get a list of pure product refs in the one column with no other info in there? Is there anyway you can configure the export process to export only required data?
          Any help would be most appreciated.
          Cheers.
          Just curious,

Why not use access to extract the data you want from the Actinic Database? It is an MSAccess database. Open it with Access, and create a report with only REF #'s. Be sure to make a backup of your Actinic Database before you attempt it.

Look at the attached files and let me know if either of them are what you are looking for. The product.pdf is an Adobe Acrobat document that contains the product reference number, short description, and retail price in a report format. The Product Query.txt file is a CSV file that contains the Product Reference and Short Description. You can create any reports, or queries that you require in any format and with any information in them.

Eagle
          Attached Files
          Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Comment

Exporting csv

Hi, looking for help here too. I need to get a feed together for the likes of price runner and pricegrabber.com. They require a csv file with product name, part number, description, price, url of product on my site and image url on site. Im having a nightmare putting this together cos ive got tons and tons of products its taking forever. Have you found an easier way of creating your csv file yet? Thanks, Liz

Comment

Run a froogle feed - either from Actinic or from Mole End's excellent Froogle Mash programme and look at that in excel - you might have to change the order of some columns...
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

We have a version of the froogle feed in beta that includes an affiliate window feed - this feed allows you to pick up customvars so might be useful to you. You can download the beta from :

http://www.mole-end.biz/download/ME_FroogleMashC2.exe

It is due to be released in the next week or two, just finishing of the help file now.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                X