Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search Optimisation

Hi,
    I'm about 1/3 of the way into building my site and would like a bit of advice regarding the work I have already done. Can anyone out there tell me if the meta tags and discriptions that I have put in could be considered spamming (I seem to be typing the same words over and over again) and is there anything that I should be doing to ensure search engine compatibility. Any constructive criticism on any aspect of the site design/function is welcome. One last point, how can I get section titles to display under the images instead of along side of them?
    web site

Thanks in advance
    Peter

if you do a search in these forums you will find plenty of posts where SEO has been discussed in depth

Comment

Hi,
      I have searched through the forums and implimented some of the recomendations suggested, but before I go on any furthur I would like an experienced opinion as to if I have interpreted the information correctly. Some of the info I found went completley over my head

Comment

Pete,

Unfortunately, the smart design and the breadcrumbs are not search engine friendly - you also don't appear to have meta description and keywords in the sections I looked at (Hugo Boss and Rado).

Using Actinic and a search engine friendly template can you a head start - the information you find here will take it to the next level, and then, after that - are professionals....

regards

Greg Hewitt-Long
        Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
        Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
        NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Hi Pete

You may get some more targeted answers if you ask specific questions otherwise you will just get the response which I gave, which is to look at the other threads on the subject since everything is covered there. SEO is a big topic to learn, it takes years of research, but with the great community which is called the web, all you need to know is out there. The best place to look is SEO forums, you will be amazed how much you can learn by reading other peoples posts. (Indeed it is one reason why i visit this forum on a daily basis - I am kept up to date with the latests goings on, people ask how to do things I never thought of - so I pinch their ideas, I find out about bugs before they actually hit me etc etc, and in return I reply to a few questions)

Try http://www.cre8asiteforums.com/index.php? for SEO, they also have a great sub forum called Website Hospital. also spiderfood, seachenginewatch, jims forums - all great resources

Nearly forgot, go to my website to see some great tools to help with SEO, like keyword analysers, sim spider etc http://www.pinbrook.net/actinic/sear...timisation.htm

Comment

Thanks,
            Pete

Comment

Greg

I note you state that the Smart Design and Breadcrumbs are not search engine friendly. I have had varied success with SEO and really only succeed usign less competitive search terms.

What aspects of the Smart design are not search engine friendly? Can you recommend a template that is search engine friendly. I used blank templates but unfortuanately for me I based them around the Smart theme. I will try to adjust my templates as much as possible based on a theme that is search engine friendly.

Thanks

Paul
              www.kjbeckett.com
              KJ Beckett
              Men's Clothing & Accessories
              Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
              Bath, England
              Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
              Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

Working...
              X